Views
Helpful
Replies

Ubuntu 22.04 and pam_duo SSH

Kevdog98
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to get pam duo to work with Ubuntu 22.04. I upgraded from Ubunto 21.10, which I upgraded from 21.04 with no issues with pam duo. But after upgrading from 21.10 to 22.04, pam duo SSH MFA stopped working; in fact, my keyboard-interactive login stopped working altogether. I think it might have something to do with the fact that ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes has been replaced with Kb■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■cation yes in 22.04, but I am not sure. I made that change in my SSD config, but it still does not work. I just got Keyboard interactive with SSH2 server failed. The updated documentation found here for 22.04 still mentions ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes Duo Unix - Two-Factor Authentication for SSH with PAM Support (pam_duo) | Duo Security. I tried upgrading the duounix version, but that did not help either. But also not sure how to verify what version I have installed.

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

2 Replies 2

Kevdog98
Level 1
Level 1

ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes kbAuthentication yes has been replaced with in 22.04

Hi @KevDog98 ,

Please see the following KB article (a workaround depends on which stage of the Ubuntu upgrade process you are in): https://help.duo.com/s/article/7803?language=en_US

Also, to see which version you are using, you can run the following command or run the Duo Unix Support Tool: login_duo -v

Hope this helps!

Quick Links