Views
Helpful
Replies

SSO for OWA or RDP?

mauricej341
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We’re using Duo SSO for our VPN authentication, and I was wondering if there is a way to use SSO for either Outlook Web Access or RDP connections as well? Looking at the list of supported applications in our portal, I didn’t see SSO as an option for either, but, was curious if anyone had managed to make that work with those services.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It would get installed directly onto each host. You can do this in a few different ways but the majority deploy it via Active Directory Group Policy.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jamieis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @mauricej341,

Duo SSO can be used to protect any applications that let you set up SAML authentication. I don’t believe you can do this with Outlook Web Access but would be able to with Microsoft 365 web hosted mail using [Duo Single Sign-On for Microsoft 365 | Duo Security].

Duo SSO can’t natively work with RDP but we do have currently in Public Preview Duo Network Gateway support for RDP. The Duo Network Gateway is a customer-hosted server that can proxy connections between external users and internal services and can use Duo SSO as its SAML IdP.

In this scenario instead of using Duo Authentication for Windows Logon and RDP you’d set up the Duo Network Gateway to interface with your RDP servers and would not need to directly expose them to the public internet or require users to VPN to access them. When they go to authenticate to their RDP servers using Remote Desktop they’d have a browser window pop up to complete Duo SSO authentication before then being connected to the RDP server to complete normal authentication.

Hi @jamie

Thank you for the info!

Another thing I was trying to figure out, with the Duo for Windows Logon and RDP – Is that installed directly on to, and enabled, per host? Or would it be applied to all RDP hosts within a domain?

Thanks

It would get installed directly onto each host. You can do this in a few different ways but the majority deploy it via Active Directory Group Policy.

Quick Links