Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo for SSH, unable to get basic success

clearwatersam
Community Member

I am testing Duo for SSH on a test server. Ubuntu 22.04 fresh install just for testing. This is on Login_duo not the PAM module. Following these instructions:

Duo Unix - Two-Factor Authentication for SSH (login_duo) | Duo Security

I have tried from packages and from source just for fun. Same issue. I am not trying anything fancy in the config for now, nothing but ikey,skey,host,pushinfo,autopush.

Testing with /usr/sbin/login_duo -d just shows an error about incorrect ikey OR secret key. I have gone through the instructions to this point more than once, triple checked the keys for my unix application. I don't see any errors in the process and am at a loss that I am getting stomped with such a straightforward error.

Is there any way an incorrect ikey error could mean something entirely different? It is such a stupid basic thing I can't seem to find any other threads with the same issue. 

1 Reply 1

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Our API error responses are pretty specific, so if you are getting the "40103 Invalid signature in request credentials" response checking the ikey/skey is indeed what usually fixes it. Is it possible you have hidden characters in your login_duo.conf file at the end of the lines?

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links