cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any plans on Splunk Enterprise(OnPrem) using the universal prompt?

Gigawatt
Level 1
Level 1

Created protect application / integration for our Splunk Enterprise (OnPrem), it does call back to the traditional prompt, I'm guessing it doesn't support the Universal Prompt yet? Our security department just wanted it setup internally so they can get a Duo Push. The "type" of template I used under protected apps was just called "Splunk" I assume it's just the Enterprise OnPrem.

Is this intended or did I choose the wrong integration? 

Gigawatt_0-1705682442319.png

Gigawatt_1-1705682525218.png

5 Replies 5

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Splunk built the Duo MFA integration in their on-prem product. We can't update it for them; Splunk has to make the change and release an update for their product with the update. Please contact Splunk support to inquire about Duo Universal Prompt support. We have been in touch with them as well, but it helps them prioritize if they hear first-hand customer interest in the update too!

Duo, not DUO.

There is a post for it on "Splunk Ideas".  Our internal manager of Security added some votes to it. It has been out there since 2022 though and isn't super high on the votes since not everyone has Duo, so there is that  

I reached out to our Duo rep as well to find out if this is going to be possibly 'end of support' or 'end of life'. 

Our Splunk partner contacts have indicated they _plan_ to update, but not sure of their priority or timeline. I think contacting Splunk support is a stronger signal of mutual customer interest than upvoting the idea on their site.

Duo, not DUO.

rafnex17
Level 1
Level 1

We have received word from Splunk account team that DUO will update their communication regarding the end of life moving from Mar 30, 2024 to Sep 30, 2024  for the traditional prompt. But we have not received yet any update from DUO support till time of writing on this.

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@rafnex17 We emailed customers on January 30 to advise of the March 30, 2024 milestone changing from end of life to end of support and new information about applications with an extended September 30 end of support. If you're concerned that you might be missing communications from Duo you can contact Duo Support.

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links