cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Authorized Networks not working

CapitalOrtho
Level 1
Level 1

I’m currently testing DUO for RDP on a W10 VM that was setup just for testing DUO. My PC and the PC that I’m RDP-ing to are on the same network/domain and both use the same gateway to get to the internet. Doing a speedtest from each PC shows the Public IPs match.

I have our Public IP added to the allow access without 2FA. It worked when I first set it up but it has stopped working. I’ve reinstalled DUO on the PC twice and it’s still requiring 2FA even though we are on the same network. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

16 Replies 16

@DuoKristina in other words, we sometimes must add private IP addresses into our Trusted Network? If that’s right then I guess this is the solution even though the description says otherwise.

Yes, that’s correct. Take a look at my response earlier in this thread and the KB article I linked.

It doesn’t work with all integrations which is why the UI message says that [“that” meaning the text about public IP] , but for some applications that do not show the web-based Duo interactive 2FA prompt in a browser it is possible to specify a private or internal IP…

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links