Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentication outside enterprise network

auppinghouse
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am currently running into an issue if a laptop is connected to our enterprise network (directly - no VPN), end-users are able to us 2FA and connect no issue.  Now if the same user connects to the public WIFI they will go through DUO 2FA like normal and windows will say welcome then immediately change to signing out. This only happens for end-users and not admins, obviously I assume it is a policy issue. I can not seem to find this policy that is affecting them in this regard, any help is appreciated.

3 Replies 3

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Need more info to begin to help. What is your Duo application - is it at the VPN or is it Duo for Windows Logon? If Windows Logon, are they performing console (local) logins with Duo or are they using RDP to another system that has Duo? Are they using Duo Push method and is it taking more than 60 seconds to receive and approve the login request on their phones?

There is no Duo policy or app setting that will actively log someone out of Windows or off of VPN.

Duo, not DUO.

Thank you for your reply. I reached out to DUO support and worked the issue out, which turns out not a DUO issue just coincidence that it started the time DUO was integrated. Again thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the follow-up, and glad the issue was resolved (even if not Duo). If there is a way to mark your question as resolved that would be helpful.

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links