cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo Report for users with new phones

vkamp
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a report I could make that could identify any user with a new phone they are now using with Duo?  Right now I am getting hit with lots of staff needing me to reactivate their duo mobile because they got a new phone over the holidays. I would like to know who has a new phone. 

2 Replies 2

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@vkamp 

The easy way to find out is to ask them or count the requests, one of the ways to reduce the number of tickets for re-activate Duo Mobile. They may enroll the new device themselves using Duo's device management portal if self-service is enabled. Otherwise, they must ask you to send you a new activation link.

Choose your platform on the left for specific activation instructions.

If your administrator enabled Duo Mobile's backup and restore functionality and you previously backed up your Duo Mobile accounts then you can restore your accounts to Duo Mobile on your new phone (same platform as the original device i.e. Android to Android and iOS to iOS) via the guided recovery process. See the full Duo Restore guide here.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you want to know who you already helped reactivate Duo Mobile in a new phone, or do you want to know who has received a new phone and is going to come ask you to help them reactivate it?

There is no way to know the answer to the latter. The activation exists on the old phone untl it's invalidated on our cloud service's side; there's no indicator tht the person will need reactivation until they actually contact you.

If you want to know who has had Duo Mobile reactivated already (user-initiated or admin-initiated for a user), you can use the Admin API to pull activity logs and look for `admin_rectivates_duo_push` and `phone_activation_code_regenerated` events. You can also see admin reactivations for a user in Reports > Administrator Actions, but IIRC we do not make any separate logging for user-initiated reactivation available in the Admin Panel reporting (Authentication Log or otherwise).

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links