Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NEXUS 3000 Switch Password Recovery Not Working

SaintEvn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I’m trying to recover nexus 3K password according to this procedure.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/password_recovery/b_nx_os_pwr/nx_os_pw.html

According to the guide, there will be two methods to do recovery process.

When I tried the first method, I can successfully enter the switch(boot)# mode by Ctrl+C but as I followed the procedure when I run “dir bootflash:”, it’s not showing any file. I forcefully type “load bootflash: n3000-uk9.6.0.2.U6.6.bin” but it not working and showing there is no specified file type.

Please see the attachment file for what I mean.

As the first method was not working, I tried with the second method that is from the “loader>”. According to the guide, I need to use Ctrl+C or Ctrl+R or Ctrl+Shift+R to enter loader> prompt . I’ve tried everything as per the guide, but I can’t load into loader> prompt.Are there any way to enter the loader prompt ? Break option from putty or Ctrl+] also not working.

Model:

N3K-C3172TQ-10GT

Version :

n3000-uk9.6.0.2.U6.6.bin

n3000-uk9-kickstart.6.0.2.U6.6.bin

4 Replies 4

SaintEvn
Level 1
Level 1

Please help to give me any suggestion .Thank you so much !

As per the image, you are doing break sequence after quick start - The break sequence has to be done just after the load n3000-uk9.6.0.2.U6.6.bin

Most cased dir should show the files - since you know the image, after new password set

load bootflash:n3000-uk9.6.0.2.U6.6.bin ( what is the outcome ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

SaintEvn
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I've done as soon as I saw "load n3000-uk9.6.0.2.U6.6.bin" but not working.

load bootflash:n3000-uk9.6.0.2.U6.6.bin >> No such file or directory

I'm now planning to do factory default.

if you post complete boot logs we can assists better. if you choose the path to facotry default - your choice what suites you best.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help