cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading to Cisco Firepower Management Center 2500 Firmware

kandejohn82
Level 1
Level 1

I hope you're all having a great day. I'm currently exploring the possibility of upgrading the firmware for my Cisco Firepower Management Center 2500. Currently, I'm running version 7.0.6 and FX-OS version 2.10.1. My chassis is a 4110

I've been looking into upgrading to version 7.1.0, and I wanted to ask the community if anyone has information on its availability and compatibility. Specifically, I'm interested in:

Any insights on the availability of firmware version 7.1.0 for the Firepower Management Center 2500 series.

Compatibility considerations with my current hardware and software versions.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco Event Response: Attacks Against Cisco Firewall Platforms

1.  Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance and Firepower Threat Defense Software Web Services Denial of Service Vulnerability

2.  Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance and Firepower Threat Defense Software Persistent Local Code Execution Vulnerability

#1 & #2 are currently being actively exploited in the wild.  

Exploitation and Public Announcements

Cisco has confirmed that this vulnerability has been exploited. Cisco strongly recommends that customers upgrade to fixed software to resolve this vulnerability. Customers are also strongly encouraged to monitor system logs for indicators of undocumented configuration changes, unscheduled reboots, and any anomalous credential activity.

Further reading:

@kandejohn82 unfortunately FMC version 7.0 is the latest supported version for the 2500 hardware, so you cannot upgrade to a newer (7.1) major version.

FYI, you should upgrade to 7.0.6.2 to resolve the major vulnerabilty in the wild.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In addition to software >7.0.x not being supported on your FMC 2500, 7.1 was a short term release that is already past end-of-sales. 7.2.x (maximum) will support the 4110 but you would have to get a new FMC (or migrate to virtual platform).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card