Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to view logs in ftd

ssrinidhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have setup FTD and trying to ping FTD from another linux system. I am able to ping the FTD and getting response in linux command line, but not able to check the communication in the FTD CLI. I tried to run the command : debug icmp trace

but I dint get any response for the command.

Please let me know what changes to be made.

Please find the below screenshots for the configurations.Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 3.59.19 PM.pngMicrosoftTeams-image (4).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (5).png

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What's your goal? You want some log message confirming the firewall replied to ping? Why no look at connection events for the pinging host or do a packet capture?

Thanks for the reply, yes I am checking for log messages in the FTD or in the FMC. 

I want to make sure if the connection from my server is happening through the firewall. This is the route of my linux server from where I ping the FTDScreenshot 2022-10-26 at 12.52.00 AM.png

And I have could see no logs in the connection events in FMC, can you please let me know is there anything I am missing out to stream logs into FMC, I have turned on enable logging in FMC and configured access control policies. Please let me know what I am missing.

Thanks! 

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ACP and associated log messages are for traffic THROUGH the firewall. You are asking about traffic TO the firewall. You can via that via a packet capture. Packet capture is available in FMC under the Advanced Troubleshooting Tools section of the Health Monitor for your device.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card