Views
Helpful
Replies

renewal software upgrade Virtual Firesight

susanto.liu
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All My Friend,

i have ASA5516 with firepower services and Virtual Firesight Management (2 license VM).

if i order SmartNet (CON-SNT), this is included for Software Upgrade Firesight ?

if not, what is main SKU we must order to extend Software Upgrade Firesight ?

What we must provide to extend CON-SAU or CON-ECMU ? virtual Mac address , or something ?

What is different CON-SAU vs CON-ECMU ?

Thanks,

Susanto

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CON-SNT is normally the Smartnet support contract part number type for hardware items (like the ASA 5516-X appliance).

CON-SAU is the older "software application with upgrade" part number type.

CON-ECMU is the current part number type for Software Support Services. That is what you should be using for new service contracts, where it is offered.

For your 2 license VM, the exact part number would be CON-ECMU-VMWSW2 (SWSS UPGRADES Cisco Firepower Management Center). No existing part number or MAC address is required. When the order is fulfilled in Cisco Service Contract Center, the end user CCO IDs should be provided and they will then have entitlement to download and install the upgraded software.

View solution in original post

This is an open public forum and not intended for assistance with the details of fulfilling orders.

Please open a case with CSCC support for specific questions about using the ordering and fulfillment systems. They handle "help with orders, quotes, returns, deal support, service contracts, profile/login, tools access, training, reporting, feedback, and more."

https://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/web/workspace

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CON-SNT is normally the Smartnet support contract part number type for hardware items (like the ASA 5516-X appliance).

CON-SAU is the older "software application with upgrade" part number type.

CON-ECMU is the current part number type for Software Support Services. That is what you should be using for new service contracts, where it is offered.

For your 2 license VM, the exact part number would be CON-ECMU-VMWSW2 (SWSS UPGRADES Cisco Firepower Management Center). No existing part number or MAC address is required. When the order is fulfilled in Cisco Service Contract Center, the end user CCO IDs should be provided and they will then have entitlement to download and install the upgraded software.

Thanks Marvin.

I want create Bill of Materials.

Example for hardware, i will correct the serial number of hardware, then input to CSCC, to get the price.

How about virtual appliance? Same way? Using CSCC? How to get price of CON-ECMU ?  What information should i correct from virtual appliance?

You would enter the part number in a new or existing estimate in Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW). (Note for any other readers - CCW and CSCC require Cisco partner or employee level access.)

I just double checked and validated that you can enter the part number I provided earlier directly.

The system should prompt you to confirm it is associated with an existing 2 license VM (no details about that original license are required) and ask you for the number of months coverage you would like. (12-60 months (1 to 5 years) is the available range.)

When you enter those details, the list price will be filled in automatically. When you fulfill the order, your available and applicable partner discounts will be calculated. These vary based on your partnership level, any current promotions etc.

In CCW , If new order virtual appliance firesight, we must order 2 part number :

FS-VMW-2-SW-K9 $xxx

CON-ECMU 1year $xx

After 1 year, we want extended 1 year again, we want order CON-ECMU 1year, can?

What is the part number ?

What We must provide to extended this ? Virtual Mac address of virtual appliance installed?

Like a example, extended SmartNet service, we input serial number of hardware to CSCC system to get the price

This is an open public forum and not intended for assistance with the details of fulfilling orders.

Please open a case with CSCC support for specific questions about using the ordering and fulfillment systems. They handle "help with orders, quotes, returns, deal support, service contracts, profile/login, tools access, training, reporting, feedback, and more."

https://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/web/workspace

Oh i see. Ok thanks Marvin.

sokkhiang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Susanto,

Could you share me the solution? i face this case as well.  You can reply this thread, or DM to me.

Thanks in advance for your sharing.

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card