cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Where Used" Feature on FMC 6.2.2.1

skywalker123
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if the "Where Used" Feature has been implemented on the FMC Virtual Appliance 6.2.2.1? We used to be able to select an object in our ASA 5525X and select "Where Used".

We are trying to clean up old Firewall Rules/Ports and would like to be able to query the firewall to determine what objects are currently in use (so we can delete).

Any ideas? Perhaps using the API explorer i could figure something out?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately that's not a feature of the GUI at this time. I agree it would be useful.

The API might be useful but I've only dabbled at the edges of it. You can also see the running config from the cli and/or pull the configuration files from the file system.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately that's not a feature of the GUI at this time. I agree it would be useful.

The API might be useful but I've only dabbled at the edges of it. You can also see the running config from the cli and/or pull the configuration files from the file system.

Thanks for the info i was leaning towards the API/Powershell Script. 

By the way, Firepower 6.4 (first released April 2019) added the following:

View object use

The object manager now allows you to see the policies, settings, and other objects where a network, port, VLAN, or URL object is used.

New/modified screens:

Objects > Object Management > choose object type > Find Usage (binoculars) icon

Supported platforms: FMC

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card