cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FPR1000 The true ASA 5505 Replacement

robinson
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco has FINALLY heard us!  The purveyors and Champions of the Small to medium business markets, and produced the first match to the Cisco ASA5505.  First they gave us the 5506 and we were all upset about the fact that the ports were NOT switched. Well with this we can run ASA and FTD code, join it to FMC, and comming in 6.5 code we can get 650Mbps of IPS traffic throughput on this baby!  This fills a HUGE hole in the market.  I'm so happy to this this.  What are your thoughts???

FPR1000.jpg

The secret to succeeding at technology is to say yes you can, and to not be afraid of change. Forget the words, "That's how we always do it"
16 Replies 16

Glenn, I know I was excited when I created this post, but that's all drained away.  Sadly you won't really be able to use your 5505 config on the 1000 because the 5505 code took advantage of the switching hardware of the 5505.  Cisco threw that in the trash, the only way to create a switch on the FPR platform is with bridge groups, which is a far cry from the ease the 5505 provided with it's built-in switching architecture.

The secret to succeeding at technology is to say yes you can, and to not be afraid of change. Forget the words, "That's how we always do it"

Thank you. Cisco always creates some type of roadblock.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card