Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FPR 2100 can't access the device management web interface

BMM55
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have been trying to access my FPR 2100 firewall for around a week but without success.

Before the problem occurred I freely connected to the port management and typed the address 192.168.45.45 in the browser to access the device manager web interface, but it has been a while since I have been able to connect to it. As far as I know, I did not change the address or block the port management.

When I connect to the management port of the firewall, with my machine I can ping the IP address of the firewall management port which is 192.168.45.45.

Since the problem occurred, I have noticed an unusual behavior of the SYS indicator which flashes non-stop.

Your help will be of great use to me

THANKS

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If you have other types of access possible, such as SSH , telnet or console then check the logs on the device ,

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

rveracon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you checked if you still have access to the CLI? If so, you can move to expert mode and run the command "sudo pmtool status | grep -i down", if you see a process down this might indicate there is a problem with the appliance and it is strongly encouraged that you open a case with TAC to review and remediate this issue.

Best regards,

- R

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The flashing SYS LED is indicative of the following:

• Amber, flashing—Alarm condition, system needs service or attention and may not boot properly.

You can check from console, but probably have to open a TAC case.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/2100/hw/guide/b_install_guide_2100/overview.html#concept_wtw_wns_1cb

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card