Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA With firepower

tshabbircisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We had ASA-5520 VPN Plus and want to order Cisco ASA  firewall for a new site. But I am confused with ASA next generation and ASA next generation with FirePOWER models i.e. ASA5525-K9, ASA5525-IPS-K9 and ASA5525-FPWR-K9 

S.N

Ordering Info

Details

ASA5525-K9

Cisco ASA 5525-X Firewall Edition; includes firewall services, 750 IPsec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, 8 copper Gigabit Ethernet data ports, 1 copper Gigabit Ethernet management port, 1 AC power supply, Active/Active High Availability, 2 security contexts, 3DES/AES license

ASA5525-IPS-K9

Cisco ASA 5525-X IPS Edition; includes IPS service, 750 IPsec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, firewall services, 8 copper Gigabit Ethernet data ports, 1 copper Gigabit Ethernet management port, 1 AC power supply, Active/Active High Availability, 2 security contexts, 3DES/AES license

ASA5525-FPWR-K9

ASA 5525-X with FirePOWER Services, 8GE data, AC, 3DES/AES, SSD

Please explain me the followings, 

• What’s the main difference between S.N 1 and 3
  • What’s the main difference in S.N 1 & 2 and 2 & 3.
  • I can see Lots of subscriptions with FirePower i.e. IPS, APPS,URL,AMP etc. I need to subscribe separately then what comes with ASA5525-FPWR-K9 ?

2 Replies 2

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In simple words, the 3 SKU's you have are:

1) Just the ASA

2) ASA with traditional Cisco IPS services integrated

3) ASA with next-gen Firepower services integrated

The traditional IPS solution is EOL, so if you want IPS services along with the ASA firewall, your option is to get Firepower along with the ASA.

You get the AVC feature set along with then Firepower service, but you need to license IPS, URL, AMP separately.

Thanks Rahul,

So, what is difference between traditional ASA and ASA with Firepower if i do not get license i.e.  IPS, URL, AMP.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card