Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA FirePOWER Configuration tab missing in ASA5506

kelvin.lui11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

The ASA FirePOWER Configuration tab missing in ASDM,How do i get the license key to activate the firepower service?Thank you.

10 Replies 10

kelvin.lui11
Level 1
Level 1

A couple of points which may help as I've setup a few 5506s.

- Run the config wizard and ensure you assign the Firepower Module an IP

- You need an ethernet in the mgmt interface.  So a basic interface setup would be

g1/1 - WAN, 

g1/2 - the Inside network ethernet to local switch  - IP 192.168.0.1

Mgmt -  the Inside network ethernet to local switch -  IP 192.168.0.2

If you can ping the mgmt IP then you should be able to start ASDM and it will connect to the Firewpower module.

Note after a reboot it takes a few minutes for the Firepower module to start so wait a bit before starting ASDM.  ASDM may prompt you to verify the firepower address and port.

You can then go to the licensing tab and apply the control license using the PAK in the box.

Dave

Just deployed mine and I was pulling my hair on this one............will try............from Lidcombe with love.....................

You don't need a license to see the FirePOWER tab in ASDM. You just have to do the install/base-configuration of the module and the FirePOWER Tab will appear. After that you apply the licenses inside of the FirePOWER Tab of ASDM.

To proceed further:

1. Do you have the CONTROL-License? Should be a paker-PAK inside the ASA box.
  2. What is the actual state of the module? Paste the output of "show module sfr details"

Hi Karsten,

We have a missing Firepower config tab when we login to ASDM. Below is the output from show mod sft det command. 

------------------------

RBF-IFW-ASA# sh module sfr details
Getting details from the Service Module, please wait...

Card Type: FirePOWER Services Software Module
Model: ASA5516
Hardware version: N/A
Serial Number: JAD202407BK
Firmware version: N/A
Software version: 5.4.1-211
MAC Address Range: 00f6.6347.8726 to 00f6.6347.8726
App. name: ASA FirePOWER
App. Status: Up
App. Status Desc: Normal Operation
App. version: 5.4.1-211
Data Plane Status: Up
Console session: Ready
DC addr: No DC Configured
Mgmt IP addr: 192.168.45.45
Mgmt Network mask: 255.255.255.0
Mgmt Gateway: 192.168.45.1
Mgmt web ports: 443
Mgmt TLS enabled: true

--------------------------------

Have the same problem with brand new 5506-X.

Any solution?

OK. This was quite simple, but hard to find: dm@dm:~$ java -version java version "1.8.0_161" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_161-b12) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.161-b12, mixed mode) works 151, from Ubuntu 17.10 repo, does not.

Another way is to;

Close ASDM

Load Java (Control Panel in Windows)

(Temporary Internet Files) - Settings, Delete Files, (Just select the top two - so Trace and Log Files and Cashed Applications and Applets)

Open ASDM

CDHIB
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody found a solution yet on this?

Anybody found a solution yet on this?

can you open a new discussion referring this thread and explaining your environment in brief.

if you running ASA version mentioned below not supported so you need to downgrade :

Important Notes

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa910/release/notes/asarn910.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card