Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5516-X With FirePower Services - App rate Limiting

kjawaid01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have what seems as a basic question but I have been going round the houses on it? We have some new ASA5516-x firewalls with fire power services running the latest 6.1 images. Note these are running the independent asa and firepower images as we use the firewalls for anyconnect and nat etc. as well.

What we want to do is rate limit application throughput on some access rules for certain protocols. I know I can do this in the asa code but as that isn't really a ids sensor I want to do it in the firepower code via a rule. I have read the documentation and it talks about QoS rules, but I cannot see where these QoS rules are? Do I need to enable something first to make this happen?

Appreciate your help on this

Kamran

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

michaellperrin
Level 1
Level 1

Under Devices---> QOS

Create a new QOS policy and assign it to the device or devices you want.

Then you can add your rules from there.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

michaellperrin
Level 1
Level 1

Under Devices---> QOS

Create a new QOS policy and assign it to the device or devices you want.

Then you can add your rules from there.

Hi

Thanks for this!

The only issue is when I got to Qos, the list of available devices is empty?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's only supported with FTD and not ASA with Firepower Services

Hello,

I have the same problem with my ASA5516-X with FirePOWER services. I also cannot see the device when I am trying to add a policy.

Is it supported for my device? I have also FMC 6.2.1 version.

Thank you in advance for the reply.

As @michaellperrin mentioned, the QoS policy in FMC can only be applied to FTD devices - not ASA Firepower service modules.

Confirmation can be found here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/623/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v623/quality_of_service__qos__for_firepower_threat_defense.html#id_16322

Thank you for the reference. It helps me solve the issue.
Also the ASA5516-X with FirePOWER services use classic license, it was indicated on the note that it's not available for classic licenses.

Best Regards,

You're welcome, please rate helpful posts.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card