cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5506 FDM latest version

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Is 6.2.3.10 supported on a 5506 running 9.9(2)? From the documentation it seems to be, but I'm having a hard time upgrading from the base 6.2.3 to 6.2.3.10and I didn't notice any intermediate image being required. I've tried the upgrade twice and each time it's failed and I've had to go back and re-image the SFR. Using the on box FDM if that makes a difference in terms of support. FMC isn't an option as this will mostly be used for URL filtering of some https sites.

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mine is running FTD 6.2.3.10:

ASA FTD 6.2.3.10.PNG

Are you running ASA with Firepower services or ASA with FTD? You mention the ASA software version (the former case) but then also FDM (the latter case).

I'm running ASA with FirePower services and using the on-box manager. Installed the 6.2.3 base image, downloaded the update for 6.2.3.10 and uploaded to ASA. I can try downloading it from GUI itself if that makes a difference. 

ASA with Firepower service module does not use FDM. It uses ASDM as the GUI-based manager. Minor upgrades are normally done via ASDM. It is possible to do it via the cli but very uncommon and not recommended.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card