cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nas-port and nas-port-type

dannypuckett
Level 1
Level 1

I recently replaced my home 1721 running 12.4(3g) with a demo UC520 running 12.4(11r)XW from work to become more familiar with it. I had my 1721 setup for PPTP dial-in with RADIUS authentication back to an SBS 2008 and everything worked great. When I swapped out for the UC520 with the same AAA settings it would not connect. Further inspection found that the nas-port-type and nas-port aaa attributes were not being passed to the RADIUS server so the VPN Access Policy was not being used. Is this a bug or do I need to tweak a few things for this version of IOS?

Any tips would be appreciated.

I recently replaced my home 1721 running 12.4(3g) with a demo UC520 running 12.4(11r)XW from work to get more familiar with it. I had my 1721 setup for PPTP dial-in with RADIUS authentication back to an SBS 2008 and everything worked great. When I swapped out for the 520 with the same AAA settings it would not connect. Further inspection found that the nas-port-type and nas-port aaa attributes were not being passed to the RADIUS server so the VPN Access Policy was not being used. Is this a bug or do I need to tweak a few things for this version of IOS?

Any tips would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Make sure that you have configured the ISAKMP policy in UC520.