Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration of ACS to ISE

Hi Community

I have a question with regards to the migration of ACS to ISE. Now I am aware of the process of migrating ACS 5.x to ISE2.x using the ACS-ISE migration tool. I also know that this migration needs to be done to a newly configured ISE server that does not have any other configuration on it.

Now my scenario is as follows:

The ACS Server is currently being used to provide RADIUS Authentication for Wireless Users and TACACS Authentication to network devices. As such the migration tool will create the necessary Policy Rules in the Default Policy Set for the RADIUS Authentication and Authorization rules for Wireless and also the necessary Policy Rules under the Device Administration Work Centre. I have no issue with this as it is expected.

My question is this however:

If I have an ISE configuration backup that I need to restore to this new ISE Server after the ACS - ISE migration, what will happen to this migrated ACS configuration on this ISE Server - will it be overwritten by the ISE configuration backup or will it be merged with the restored configuration?

Looking forward to hearing from the community in this regard

Cheers

Steven

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I have an ISE configuration backup that I need to restore to this new ISE Server after the ACS - ISE migration, what will happen to this migrated ACS configuration on this ISE Server - will it be overwritten by the ISE configuration backup or will it be merged with the restored configuration?

When you restore this will be your new config restored from backup, there is no longer will be your ACS- ISE Migration config.

instead, you can see what changes required from ISE backup make necessary changes after ACS to ISE Migration.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you restore this will be your new config restored from backup, there is no longer will be your ACS- ISE Migration config.

instead, you can see what changes required from ISE backup make necessary changes after ACS to ISE Migration.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

BB is correct.

We are recommending to use a clean ISE standalone as the target of the migration, in order to avoid any conflict. It's possible to have some existing configurations in ISE.

Do review ACS to ISE Migration if not already done.