Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Licensing Requirements in a Distributed HA Deployment

ADEDEJDA
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community Support.
1. I have a need for only a Wired NAC, no wireless or Mobile Device Management. I am trying to understand /clarify what licenses I need to procure.

2. I will be deploying two PAN Nodes in a central Data Centre - Primary and Secondary in a Failover configuration.

3. There will be 32 distributed PSN Nodes at various remote locations. At each remote location with PSN, there will be around 250 endpoint devices - Workstation/IP Phones. Each of the remote PSN site will be connected to a separate Identity source - Active Directory Domain Controller.

4. The PSN does not have a failover at the remote sites but x2 PSN is to be deployed at the Data Centre alongside the PAN to support the failover of any of the remote 32 PSN's. There are no endpoint devices in the central DC.

5. All of the Nodes - PAN, PSN, MnT, pxGrid will be deployed in a VM. There will also a pxGrid in the Data Centre to support integration with a SIEM solution as well as the Monitoring and Troubleshooting Nodes (MnT) in the Data Centre.

Summary of ISE Nodes IN HA Configuration (All to be deployed in a Virtual Machine).
A. PAN Nodes - Primary/Secondary in high-availability configuration = x2
B. PSN Nodes (in Remote Sites) = x32 + (in central Data Centre) = x2 = 34
C. pxGrid = x2
D. Monitoring (MnT) - Primary/Secondary = x2
E. Each PSN is will have = 250 endpoints.

I have established that I need at least the following:-
Cisco Identity Service Engine (250 x32) = 8750 Endpoint Base (Perpetual) License
Cisco Identity Service Engine (250 x32) = 8750 Endpoint Plus Subscription License 3-Years

I  am not certain about what remains in terms of VM licensing.

I creating a Bill-of-Material, what are my product licensing requirement for Cisco ISE please?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are no longer able to order Cisco ISE Base/Plus/Apex licenses, these went end of sale. They were replaced with Essentials/Advantage/Premier licensing tiers and they work in similar ways. Because you built yours out with plus, I will use the appropriate Advantage licenses that replaced them. 

I count 40 ISE VM's, and 8750 endpoints based upon your description. Your BOM would be similar to this. 

Line Number Item Name Description Quantity
1.0 ISE-SEC-SUB Cisco Identity Service Engine Subscription 1
1.1 ISE-A-LIC Cisco Identity Service Engine Advantage Subscription 8750
1.2 SVS-ISE-SUP-B Basic Support for Identity Service Engine Subscription 1

2.0 R-ISE-VMC-K9= Cisco ISE Virtual Machine Common PID 40
2.0.1 CON-ECMUS-RISE9KVM SOLN SUPP SWSS Cisco ISE Virtual Machine Common PID 40

If you want to run TACACS for device admin logins, then you can add L-ISE-TACACS-ND= for each PSN you will enabled the TACACS features on. So if you use 4 VM's to run TACACS authentications through, then you need 4x L-ISE-TACACS-ND=. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check this :

https://ise-bom.cisco.com/

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello Balaji Bandi,

Many thanks for providing a guidance to my enquiry.

I am unable to access the site using my Cisco ID.

I was presented with the error message below.

ADEDEJDA_0-1648823119295.png

I don’t understand the issue. Are you able to look into this for me please.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Dami

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are no longer able to order Cisco ISE Base/Plus/Apex licenses, these went end of sale. They were replaced with Essentials/Advantage/Premier licensing tiers and they work in similar ways. Because you built yours out with plus, I will use the appropriate Advantage licenses that replaced them. 

I count 40 ISE VM's, and 8750 endpoints based upon your description. Your BOM would be similar to this. 

Line Number Item Name Description Quantity
1.0 ISE-SEC-SUB Cisco Identity Service Engine Subscription 1
1.1 ISE-A-LIC Cisco Identity Service Engine Advantage Subscription 8750
1.2 SVS-ISE-SUP-B Basic Support for Identity Service Engine Subscription 1

2.0 R-ISE-VMC-K9= Cisco ISE Virtual Machine Common PID 40
2.0.1 CON-ECMUS-RISE9KVM SOLN SUPP SWSS Cisco ISE Virtual Machine Common PID 40

If you want to run TACACS for device admin logins, then you can add L-ISE-TACACS-ND= for each PSN you will enabled the TACACS features on. So if you use 4 VM's to run TACACS authentications through, then you need 4x L-ISE-TACACS-ND=. 

Hello Team,

I am doing a cost analysis to support a business case/ project proposal

How do I get a quote/prices for these line items in the below table please. 

I need to provide consideration for x1 year and x3 year subscription license.

Line NumberItem NameDescriptionQuantity
1.0ISE-SEC-SUBCisco Identity Service Engine Subscription1
1.1ISE-A-LICCisco Identity Service Engine Advantage Subscription8750
1.2SVS-ISE-SUP-BBasic Support for Identity Service Engine Subscription1

2.0R-ISE-VMC-K9=Cisco ISE Virtual Machine Common PID40
2.0.1CON-ECMUS-RISE9KVMSOLN SUPP SWSS Cisco ISE Virtual Machine Common PID40

Thank you.

Best regards

Dami

How many ISE VM license require for HA and Fail Over to handle for all service. To be resolve with compliance issue as well. 

I met with Cisco Tac, he registered with 2vm license on Primary for Node and he mentioned me, require for one license to handle for Service.  Is it require 2 VM license or 3VM license. 

Each ISE VM node requires a VM license.

Hello Aref,

but cisco tac says 2 vm license require for PAN and one vm licese require for SAN, Why need 3 vm licesesm

If you have 2 VM then you need 2 License here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

"Cisco ISE VM License SKU (R-ISE-VMC-K9=): Purchase a license for each virtual machine or cloud-deployed ISE node in your deployment."

ArefAlsouqi_0-1707505611610.png

Cisco ISE Licensing Guide - Cisco

Villager
Level 1
Level 1

sorry for make your complex, may be smart license and SLR license are different when we implement for ISE. Currently, I'm using with SLR, 3 licenses are require for HA 2 nodes. 2 for PAN and 1 for SAN, for Enterprise Licenses are recommended with 80/20 ratio.