Views
Helpful
Replies

ise licensing renewal

bluesea2010
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

My cisco ise license is expiring and try to renew but the license won't get on time due to  the situation  . Is it possible to add a trial license  

Thanks

23 Replies 23

Hello Marvin,

Our customer's mail server has been changed, but since no new smtp server configuration has been made on the ISE, it could not send warning mails. The ISE version is 2.7 and the license grace period is almost over. If we still haven't obtained a license during grace period, after the grace period will ISE continue to recognize android and apple devices and allow access to the network even if the configuration menus are closed, by following the rules written for them?

Kind Regards,

Sp@wn , yes ISE will continue indefinitely to enforce existing access policies even after the current licenses expire. The admin GUI on the PAN will remove all options except the ability to update the licensing information.

JayaDev01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @bluesea2010 

I believe delivery of virtual products including licenses shall not be a problem in this "Very Very Sad Situation".

May I suggest reaching the Partner > AM > Disti shall help us.

We have got quite a few renewals done for our clients. 

I have a slight doubt if the "Trial License" can be some rescue here.

Hi,

reply from partners are taking longer than expected and co-ordination issues 

Thanks

Hello,

Is there any disruption When you add a traditional evaluation advances license to a current ise with only a base license working? I think I need a plus license in order to renew the ocsp certificates

You use either actual licenses or evaluation mode licensing - not both at the same time.

What's the use case for needing OCSP with base licenses?

Thank you for your quick response Marvin,

Let me try to explain in more detail.

My Certificate Services OCSP Responder will expire soon, so when I tried to renew it (ss attached) the Plus License warning appears. That's why I try to install an evaluation advanced license, correct me if I'm wrong or How can I renew the 'Certificate Services OCSP Responder'?

I use ISE 2.7 with Traditional Base License installed (ss attached)

The majority of deployments do not use the ISE CA to issue certificates, so it is safe to delete the OCSP Responder certificate if you are among that majority. Given that you have only Base license, that is likely the case. You will get an ominous warning message when doing so. If it makes you feel better, you can open a TAC case for verification. (Your 2.7 is in its last <1 year of possible support by the way.)