cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3.0 license - feature and services

chansitw
Level 1
Level 1

I plne to deploy cisco ise 3.0 version in my network domain to support wifi 802.1x, ANC VPN and TACACS+, but I have a few questions about the license.

1. If essential license expried, ISE still operate and respond for authen request?
  2. As above question If essential license expried will affect to TACACS services too?
  3. If I have only essential license can I configure RADIUS dictionary and Network device profiling?

Thank you for help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per i have information :

1. If essential license expried, ISE still operate and respond for authen request?   - yes it works, but complaince issue.
  2. As above question If essential license expried will affect to TACACS services too?  - ISE will operate as normal but as mentioned above compliance issue.
  3. If I have only essential license can I configure RADIUS dictionary and Network device profiling?  - you can find FAQ.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/qa-c67-744190.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per i have information :

1. If essential license expried, ISE still operate and respond for authen request?   - yes it works, but complaince issue.
  2. As above question If essential license expried will affect to TACACS services too?  - ISE will operate as normal but as mentioned above compliance issue.
  3. If I have only essential license can I configure RADIUS dictionary and Network device profiling?  - you can find FAQ.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/qa-c67-744190.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Sorry for late to reply.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I had talk to my team and my manager they are aware and acepted.

Next week I will start to implement Cisco ISE.