Views
Helpful
Replies

can not locate compounding conditions

prathamesh002
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends,

Can any one tell me how to locate compounding conditions or is there any other name for it.
Previously it was present under Policy>Policy Elements>Authorization>Compound Conditions inise 3.1.0 version as there is lot of changes in UI.

As I am not able to see Authorization and authentication under policy elements.

Screenshot 2022-07-29 011628.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello

ISE 3.x has undergone a few UI changes but the functionality is still there. Compound Conditions is just a fancy word for a condition that is made up of two or more conditions and then given a name that you can use to refer to it - very useful if you have to re-use the same set of conditions many times over. The Library is where you go to look for existing Compound Conditions, and you can also create your own. Just create one and then click the 'Save' button - it will ask you for a name. The Save button is often confused for the 'Use' button further down below, which saves&applies the condition.

compound.PNG

compound2.PNG

compound3.PNG

What do you mean by "As I am not able to see Authorization and authentication under policy elements." ???

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello

ISE 3.x has undergone a few UI changes but the functionality is still there. Compound Conditions is just a fancy word for a condition that is made up of two or more conditions and then given a name that you can use to refer to it - very useful if you have to re-use the same set of conditions many times over. The Library is where you go to look for existing Compound Conditions, and you can also create your own. Just create one and then click the 'Save' button - it will ask you for a name. The Save button is often confused for the 'Use' button further down below, which saves&applies the condition.

compound.PNG

compound2.PNG

compound3.PNG

What do you mean by "As I am not able to see Authorization and authentication under policy elements." ???