Views
Helpful
Replies

User group and python script

Richie20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone ,
I want to create user group through python scripts to Duo . can any anyone help me out on how to add user group to duo by python script ?

Thank you

5 Replies 5

colin_medfisch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey @r_acolatse!

I’d recommend taking a look at our Python client library. This will make it much easier to get started with our Admin API. We have a script in the examples folder for creating a user and phone in Duo. This can be tweaked to add a group as well!

You’ll want to take a look at our Groups endpoint and also our Users endpoint to create a group and add users.

Hope this helps!

• Colin

Hi @cmedfischduo

Thank you for help . I have already able to create user and phone in duo How do I get the group id for groups to be able to create user with group on python.

colin_medfisch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hello ,
problem-scenario -: I have created some user in DUO and assign some categories/group to them and added ,now on client-side(my application) where the created user login using DUO-2FA ,i want the group information of user so that i can provide them permission/access/privileges according to the user group.

can anyone tell how can i get user-group info if not then any alternate way to solve my problem i just want to categorise users and provide the different permission/access/privileges ,Like in my application partymgr → one has permission to see all party info and related access to handle them

Richie20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @cmedfischduo thank you for help . do you have video examples or python script examples of how to create the group on duo

Quick Links