cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recovery passcodes

Anesia-25
Level 1
Level 1

Hi my Instagram account is asking me for a recovery code I never got via email is there anyway I can get some sort of assistance ?

2 Replies 2

Junior_Oliveira
Level 1
Level 1

My smartphone was stolen with it, I lost the number, and I can no longer access the admin login, how should I recover it?

Please contact Instagram for assistance regaining access to your account.

If you had previously enabled Duo Mobile backup for third-party accounts on your phone then you may be able to restore that backup on your replacement phone to be able to generate passcodes for Instagram again.

Find more information about Duo Mobile backup and restore here: Duo Restore - Guide to Two-Factor Authentication · Duo Security

If you saved backup codes from Instagram when you enabled two-factor authentication you could also use one of those codes to regain access to your IG account.

If you did not previously back up Duo Mobile accounts then there is no way for Duo to restore your accounts, and Duo Support can’t help with Instagram logins. At that point your best bet is to contact Instagram for help.

What do I do if I’m locked out of Instagram, Facebook, or another third-party Duo Mobile account?

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links