cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving to new phone not workikng

Ted4
Level 1
Level 1

I can’t get Duo to work on my new phone. The email, that I registered with is no longer active. It was a gmail address that disappeared when they purged free custom domain accounts. I can still login to the Duo website and Duo still works on my old phone but I can’t get it to generate qr code. I am only using Duo to as a 2FA for Bitwarden and my Hotmail accounts but I don’t remember what my login is for those two accounts on Duo. What should I do? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TabBerger
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good morning @Ted , welcome to the Duo Community! If you still have access to your old phone, I would recommend going through the steps in our Duo Restore guide for Third Party Restore. This should allow you to backup and recover your accounts on your new device. If you set up Third-Party Restore before and have forgotten your password, you can set up a new password on your old phone before you recover it on your new device.

One exception to this might be if you are moving from Android to iOS or iOS to Android. Duo Restore unfortunately doesn’t work across platforms, so if that’s the case, those accounts would need to be restored manually by logging into each service you’ve protected, removing 2FA from the account, and then re-adding 2FA back from your new device.

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

TabBerger
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good morning @Ted , welcome to the Duo Community! If you still have access to your old phone, I would recommend going through the steps in our Duo Restore guide for Third Party Restore. This should allow you to backup and recover your accounts on your new device. If you set up Third-Party Restore before and have forgotten your password, you can set up a new password on your old phone before you recover it on your new device.

One exception to this might be if you are moving from Android to iOS or iOS to Android. Duo Restore unfortunately doesn’t work across platforms, so if that’s the case, those accounts would need to be restored manually by logging into each service you’ve protected, removing 2FA from the account, and then re-adding 2FA back from your new device.

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions

Ted4
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Tab, I figured it out.

Quick Links