cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Active accounts are being displayed as Inactive?

EMJ
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone explain why an active account would be listed as having an Inactive status? These are accounts with a recent logon and authentication including successful DUO pushes. 

It's making it difficult to track those accounts that are actually Inactive.

3 Replies 3

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you mean they are showing up in the "Inactive Users" filtered list (which I think should be 30 days w/o activity), or that they are getting disabled for inactiviy? If the latter, did you check your global settings to see what your inactivity threshold might be set to? Maybe it's too low? 

Duo, not DUO.

I have added a screenshot of the "Inactive" view, which, when selected, displays Active users who have recent logons (as recent as today). I'm trying to determine what is triggering the accounts to be tagged as Inactive. Can you confirm for me the global setting which sets the inactivity threshold? I am not seeing an obvious selection when I look at the settings.

EMJ_0-1714050312495.png

IIRC we consider a user "inactive" for the purpose of that user list filter 30 days after their last auth. That doesn't mean we change anything about the user (like the status) after 30 days or block them from login.

Reference: https://duo.com/docs/administration-users#listing-users

This is distinct from the "Inactive users" setting on the "Settings" page in the Admin Panel, where you can optionally specify the number of days a user can go without logging in, and when that threshold is reached Duo will put the user in a "Pending deletion" state which actually blocks them from signing in, eventually deleting the user's account when the pending deletion timer (also configurable in "Settings) is up unless an admin takes the user out of the trans and restores them back to an active status.

Reference: https://duo.com/docs/administration-settings#user-deletion

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links