Views
Helpful
Replies

Frustration with Ineffective OpenDNS Blocking of some Phishing Domains

TheRepo50
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco community,

I am reaching out today to express my deep concern and frustration regarding the current state of blocking malicious and fraudulent crypto phishing websites through OpenDNS.

I have diligently reported numerous crypto phishing websites that I have come across. These websites clearly engage in fraudulent activities, aiming to deceive innocent users and steal their valuable crypto assets. However, to my disappointment, it seems that most of these reported websites remain unblocked by OpenDNS, despite their malicious intent and dire consequences for unsuspecting victims.

Allow me to outline an example to underscore the gravity of this situation. "Cryptomixer2.com", a known clone of the legitimate service "Cryptomixer.io", has been operating as a scam phishing website for quite some time now. It is disheartening to witness that despite consistent reporting, "Cryptomixer2.com" continues to operate freely, putting countless individuals at risk of losing their hard-earned cryptocurrency. To exacerbate matters, another clearly similar phishing domain, "Cryptomixer.net", somehow managed to get instantly blocked after a report. This inconsistency in response raises questions about the efficacy and fairness of the current blocking system.

I seek your assistance and advice in understanding the reasons behind this discrepancy.

What can I do, as a concerned user, to ensure that these malicious websites are promptly blocked by OpenDNS?

Is there a way to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the reporting process, so that immediate action can be taken against such scams?

I genuinely admire the services that OpenDNS provides, empowering users to navigate the internet securely. However, the situation I have described undermines the core purpose of your platform and allows criminal elements to exploit vulnerabilities in its current implementation. I have compiled a comprehensive list of crypto scam domains and am eager to share it with OpenDNS to ensure their prompt blocking, thereby safeguarding internet users from potential harm.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and guidance on how we can collectively combat crypto phishing scams and enhance the protection provided by OpenDNS.

0 Replies 0