cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IR1101 cellular WANMon help

TRENT WAITE
Level 1
Level 1

I have an IR1101 with Verizon SIM. I have less experience with Cisco cellular, and all experience using Digi, Cradlepoint, and Sierra. With the Digis we use a heartbeat process that pings 1 of 2 IPs, and when both fail it will restart the interface, then proceed to reset the modem, then finally reboot the router. I was looking to do similar with the IR1101 as at the moment the router via cell interface continuously drops when polling just the cell interface (i.e. using LibreNMS). This may be more an issue with LibreNMS missing a poll due to latency rather than actual cellular outage (still looking into this). 

I added 2x SLA:

ip sla 1
 icmp-echo 10.10.10.10
  frequency 120
  timeout 6000
ip sla schedule 1 life forever start-time now
ip sla 2
 icmp-echo 10.10.10.11
  frequency 120
  timeout 6000
ip sla schedule 2 life forever start-time now

Reason I wanted 2 was if the 1st address was unavailable for any reason, the 2nd address is, then I do not want the modems to falsely begin the heartbeat process.

Now my problem begins with the WANmon that I am unfamiliar with. I added the following:

event manager environment wanmon_if_list1 {cellular0/1/0 {ipsla 1} {stub 21}}
event manager environment wanmon_if_list2 {cellular0/1/0 {ipsla 2} {stub 22}}
event manager environment wanmon_if_list3 {cellular0/1/0 {recovery 2 {20 15} 30}
event manager policy tm_wanmon.tcl authorization bypass

1st problem is what I initially found here did not seem to go through any recovery process that I could see. The first two lines I do not know what they actually do. I so far can not find what "stub" does. Third line I added from the chapter "Chapter: WAN Monitoring" as it seemed the closest to any actual process of recovery (at least to me). But this is surely incorrect as I get logged:

Dec 19 15:52:45.462: %HA_EM-1-LOG: tm_wanmon.tcl: Configuration error: Invalid parameter wanmon_if_list3 (unbalanced list): {cellular0/1/0 {recovery 2 {20 15} 30}

What I do not see logged is anything to do with IP SLA, but do see the ping responses which is what leads me to believe that the cell connection is staying up and LibreNMS is giving me false missed polls (due to ping timeout which I need to adjust). 

Basically I just need this to check 2x different IPs, and if both fail preferably start some process of going through Level 0 > 1 > 2.

0 Replies 0