Views
Helpful
Replies

IE 3300 industrial grade switches

avdheshkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

one of our customers has IE3300-8P2S-E switches in their environmnet, recently they are in need of few more switches. i was not able to add the same in BoQ. i was suggested to "IE-3400-8P2S-E++" as a replacement available with no specific reason for the change. i am aware about the IE3400 series switches but what is the significance of  "++".

also the description for "IE-3400-8P2S-E++" says "Catalyst IE3400 (TAA) 8GE PoE/PoE+,2GE SFP, Adv. Modular, NE"

what is TAA?  customer may ask these when we suggest a new model.

appreciate the help..

1 Reply 1

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @avdheshkumar ,

I'm not sure why you couldn't add the IE3300-8P2S-E to your BoQ. I just configured a IE3300-8P2S-E in Cisco Commerce Tool (CCW) without any issues. The switch is not announced EOS/EOL which makes it eligible for ordering and selling.

About the IE-3400-8P2S-E suggestion as a replacement for IE-3300-8P2S-E I can't say for sure - maybe because it's 20% more expensive.

The IE-3400-8P2S-E++ is the Cisco manufacturing part number. It's the same product IE-3400-8P2S-E with probably some manufacturing improvements or variations. Not that important in my opinion.

TAA means Trade Agreement Act compliant which basically means the product cannot be sold in certain countries like China, Russia, etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***