cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure Client/AnyConnect SBL

Chris Terry
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to get the SBL working. I'm running into a weird issue that hopefully isn't by design...

I'm installing the core module, NAM module, and SBL module via a bat script on a Windows 10 machine. We're not using Anyconnect for the VPN functionality as we don't use ASAs and we have a different VPN solution. I disable VPN when the core msi file is installed. After installing the SBL module and rebooting the laptop I can see AnyConnect as an option on the login screen. The issue arises when I install the NAM module and reboot. After the NAM install AnyConnect isn't visible on the logon screen. I looked through the event logs and I can see AnyConnect start when the machine is powered on, but it's still not visible on the logon screen.

Is this by design or is there something I can do to have AnyConnect visible on the logon screen?

3 Replies 3

Why are you installing SBL if you aren't using Anyconnect? SBL is only to make it possible to connect to the VPN before logging in to the machine.

Pulkit Mittal
Spotlight
Spotlight

You do not require SBL module in that case, try installing without SBL.

Please mark this helpful if you are happy with the response, and accept the solution.

Chris Terry
Level 1
Level 1

Our VPN solution starts before login, but that obviously requires a network connection which is why I’m trying to get SBL working with the NAM module.

AnyConnect is only on the machines for potentially enabling posturing with ISE. If we don’t decide on enabling posturing, then I’ll just use the native windows supplicant rather than AnyConnect.