Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Move Computers between Organizations in Endpoint Console

ngolestan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to sperate computers between the organizations we are managing but unfortunately, I was unable to find any option that I could move several computers from One Organization to Another in Cisco AMP Online Console

ngolestan_0-1701193654151.png

Uninstalling Connectors from computers and reinstalling them with the connectors of new organization panel is very time consuming, is there any way we do it with registry/file modification?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There isn't a mechanism for moving an endpoint between organizations. You would need to uninstall and re-install with an installer from the other organization. Would you mind sharing the use case for such an option?

Thanks,

-Matt

Thank you for your prompt response, we were managing Multiple organizations in one panel, one of them decided to have a separated organization on AMP so they can monitor the events as well, so this is why I needed such an option to painlessly transfer the computers to another organization panel.

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a Feature Request in for this feature that is Under Consideration.  If you reach out to you Account Manager, they can add your account information to provide additional weight to the request.

Thanks,

Matt

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @ngolestan,
working on Feature Requests for Secure Endpoint. From my personal point of view I would love to have an option to trust Secure Endpoint ORGs using additional Certificates and then easily moving endpoint between ORGs.
Agree with @Matthew Franks, there are FRs in our internal tool, finally, after a short look into the tool today, there are just a few FRs requesting such a feature over the last years.

Greetings,
Thorsten