Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure Endpoint (AMP) Installation Error

bradhakrishnan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am getting this error while installing v8.2.1.21612. I have completely uninstalled the previous versions and rebooted several times. Many computers in our environment do not have this issue only a few Windows 10 machines. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bradhakrishnan_0-1697470697457.png

Regards!

5 Replies 5

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I see a similar case has been opened but not much information was provided.  Would you be willing to open a TAC case and provide the associated connector logs and endpoint information so it can we can properly troubleshoot?

Thanks,

-Matt

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your response. I have opened a TAC case for this and once I have a solution I will post it here.

Regards!

Any update?

Also this issue should have been fixed on 8.2.3 release can you confirm what release you having issue with?

There is also bug for this: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwh92914

bradhakrishnan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

A tech helped me by running this tool: Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed on affected endpoints, this seems to fix the issue, the root cause was some corrupted registry keys.

He said this could be related to some registry keys, and asked to review and delete any of the following.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CiscoSCMS

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CiscoAMP

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\Immunet Protect

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Immunet Protect

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DIFx\DriverStore\Immunet

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DIFx\DriverStore\trufos_

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DIFx\Services\Immunet

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DIFx\Services\Trufos

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{73C0B1F1-F242-4213-944E-31584749AB2C}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{EF436DD1-6449-4F19-83C2-CF546175C7BF}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{73C0B1F1-F242-4213-944E-31584749AB2C}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\scan.DLL

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\Immunet Protect

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Immunet Protect

HKEY_Local_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CiscoAMP

Regards!