Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
kyleleighavery
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello everyone! Here are the release notes for our most recent updates to Duo.

Public release notes are published on the Customer Community every other Friday, the day after the D-release is completely rolled out. You can subscribe to notifications for new release notes by following the process described here. If you have any questions about these changes, please comment below.

Check out a new resource: Guide to Duo End-of-Life and End-of-Support Plans. This guide provides an up-to-date list of current and past end-of-life plans for Duo products.

What’s in this release?

New features, enhancements, and other improvements

New and updated applications

Bug fixes

See all bug fixes

New features, enhancements, and other improvements

Now in general availability: Updated Duo Admin Panel login experience

• In the new login flow, users have the option to select Save my email address and login options. If the option is selected, the login will default to the user’s last used authentication method (excluding voice or SMS methods). If that authentication method is a passkey or Duo push, the user will automatically receive a prompt after they enter their password.
  • If the user doesn’t want to use the automatically selected default method, then they can click one of the options they have configured.

• If an admin wants to update their authentication methods, they can use the Manage authentication methods link, which will redirect them to the admin profile page after they authenticate.

Update to the Duo Universal Prompt email enrollment user experience

• The user experience for two-factor authentication device enrollment via email link has been updated to match the SMS enrollment experience.
  • Improved end-user instructions to open the activation link on their Duo Mobile device, or send another email.
  • Removed end-user requirement to tap Continue before proceeding to the Added Duo Mobile confirmation tile.

Update to Duo Authentication Proxy fields in the Duo Admin Panel

New and updated applications

Five new named SAML applications with Duo SSO

Authentication Proxy version 5.8.2 released

Authentication Proxy version 6.0.1 released

Duo Device Health Application for macOS version 5.1.0.0 released

• Minor improvements and enhancements.

Duo Device Health Application for Windows 10 and 11 version 5.1.0 released

• Minor improvements and enhancements.

Duo Splunk Connector version 2.0.0 released

• Please note that this release was removed from production on July 14, 2023. Any customer that installed a v2 Duo Splunk Connector should reinstall the 1.2.2 release, following the upgrade instructions. There is no need to uninstall the v2 connector before reinstalling 1.2.2.

Duo Mobile for Android version 4.44.0 released

• Miscellaneous bug fixes and behind-the-scenes improvements.

Duo Mobile for iOS version 4.44.0 released

• Miscellaneous bug fixes and behind-the-scenes improvements.

Bug fixes

Comments
kyleleighavery
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Duo Splunk Connector version 2.0.0 information added at 12pm ET!

Gigawatt
Level 1
Level 1

I’m not seeing this path in our Duo Admin Panel unless I’m totally overlooking this. When I go to SSO >> Configured Authentication Sources, which includes our Auth Source being our IdP. We are using the SAML connector so SSO can send to our On-Prem IdP source.

timshores1
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for spotting this, @Gigawatt! This change only applies to the on-premises Authentication Proxy connection between Duo Single Sign-On and an Active Directory domain controller. With your SAML solution, there’s no need for an Authentication Proxy. I’m glad you asked, and I will make that clearer in these release notes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links