cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What about my privacy with the Duo mobile app?

sunny_williams
Level 1
Level 1

ICT aims to be 100% transparent regarding what information is captured and visible to ICT Staff when the DUO Mobile Application is installed on a client’s personal mobile phone.

1 Reply 1

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Sunny, thank you for sharing your question with us here in the Community! Duo takes the privacy and security of our users very seriously as you can imagine. You can read in detail about the information Duo collects, as well as what information Duo admins have access to about their end-users, here:

From those resources, the information I think you would find most valuable in answer to your question here is as follows:

In general, the only personal data that Duo Mobile knows about you are the service accounts that you explicitly add to Duo Mobile. However, we do not track any personal data about these accounts – only the name of the service.

Data about the security properties of your device are collected at the time of login to determine whether your device meets the policies set by your Duo administrator. In general, these security properties are yes/no values, such as whether your phone has a biometric control enabled (fingerprint or face recognition), whether your device is jailbroken or otherwise in a compromised state, whether your phone has a screen lock, and whether the device’s storage is encrypted. We also collect some specific values, like the version of your operating system (i.e iOS 12.0.1, or Android 8.1), and the version of Duo Mobile (i.e 3.23.3). As mentioned before, Duo Mobile cannot see personal data on your device, or other applications.

I hope that helps!

Quick Links