Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo accounts disappeared

tiffany202
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I utilize Duo on my personal device for personal accounts and recently noticed a large number of accounts I use Duo to authenticate for are missing. I'm not sure if this was after a recent app update or iOS update or what may have caused it. I also don't know if the Restore option would work since I technically haven't gotten a new phone and don't see the prompt for it anyways.

5 Replies 5

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry to hear you're having account issues in the app! Are you able to search for those accounts in Duo Mobile? For example, if your Instagram account went missing, does searching instagram yield any result?

Duo, not DUO.

It does not, for example I used it for personal Gmail accounts and they have disappeared. I have 3 as of now, when I had maybe up to 10-12 or so and have no idea where they went. Even when searching it yields nothing.

What's your phone model and iOS version, and do you let Duo Mobile auto-update?

Duo, not DUO.

Phone model - iPhone 12, iOS version 16.5.1 (c). Yes it auto updates, it is at version 4.45.0 as of yesterday. I unfortunately don't know when this issue occurred as I just noticed it within the past few days or so.

I talked to one of our iOS devs and he suggested that deleting and reinstalling Duo Mobile might help. A delete and reinstall on the same iOS device does not delete accounts from the app backup. If you try this it's a good idea to make sure you have a recent iCloud backup with the Duo Mobile third-party account backup on before trying this, and also to have the backup codes provided by the other applications when you set up 2FA for your accounts.

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links