Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo Auth Proxy error in logs after upgrade

I just upgraded one of my Auth Proxy boxes to 5.4, from 5.3…
It’s now throwing the following message in the Connectivity_tool log.

2021-08-09T10:31:09-0500 [duoauthproxy.lib.log#warn] The Auth Proxy did not run the check_valid_service_account_username_for_auth_type check because of the configuration problem with auth_type. Resolve that configuration issue and rerun the tester.

My auth proxy is using “auth_type = sspi” for auth to AD for the [ad_client] section, and the app is running as local system.

Everything looks to be working as expected, but is it really??
Anyone seen this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We talked a bit more about this error internally, and we don’t think you should be seeing it at all! We captured this as a bug in the connectivity tool. Thanks for letting us know!

(edited message)

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That message is expected because SSPI auth doesn’t need service account specified in the ad_client config. Therefore, it skips the service account test.

ETA: we can try to make that message clearer (that when the auth_type is sspi there is nothing to fix).

Duo, not DUO.

We talked a bit more about this error internally, and we don’t think you should be seeing it at all! We captured this as a bug in the connectivity tool. Thanks for letting us know!

(edited message)

Duo, not DUO.

Hey Kristina,
I have a ticket, but hadn’t gotten traction: 00735884
Do you need any more info?
Ken

Thanks for the ticket number. I’ll let support know that we have created a bugfix task for it. For now you can ignore the message.

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links