Views
Helpful
Replies

Deprecation of Code Exchange Repos Which Have Not Been Updated

Alex Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

Some of you may have received emails indicating one or more of your Code Exchange repos have been deprecated. 

One of my repos was affected as well. 

You will also notice a blue banner under the header in your Code Exchange dashboard for your repo, explaining the deprecation:

AlexStevenson_3-1708724352363.png

This pruning was based solely on the date of the last significant update of the code in the repo. In order to have the deprecated repo added back into the Code Exchange catalog, you will need to update the code; perhaps you can refactor it for efficiency and/or add a new feature. Work at updating your dependencies especially, as we will be re-running the automated vulnerability scanner against the repo; GitHub offers Dependabots and other tools to help you update the repo to make it more secure as well.

Once the update is complete, simply re-sync the repo in the Code Exchange.

Once enough repos have been re-synced, the Code Exchange admins will review the deprecated ones and add them back to the catalog if significant updates have been performed, i.e. just updating the README will not be enough.

Thank you,

Alexander Stevenson

Cisco DevNet

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Alex Stevenson 

Good to know!

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Alex Stevenson 

Good to know!

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

Alex Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We've begun the de-deprecation process but not many repos have been updated so as to de-deprecate them yet.