cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to unclaim a device in UCS manager, I did not claim it before (so I can get the claim number to create Intersite account)

alanraczek11
Level 1
Level 1

We are repurposing the Hyperflex Servers in our environment and we need to do a cleanup to release the disks. We are doing bare metal installs of Ubuntu on the nodes. I was in touch with TAC and they suggested this. The device in UCS Manager was claimed by another admin and for me to create an account of my own for Intersite  I need to supply a claim number. My only thought was to unclaim the device (maybe I would then see a claim number??)  but I am nervous about what the repercussions are if I do so. We are in a bind and need to use this hardware ASAP.

TIA.

2 Replies 2

Jeffrey Foster
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you log into UCS Manager you will be able to see the account the device was claimed to, along with who claimed it (and when). This may help you track down who claimed the device initially. It is also possible to unclaim the device from UCS Manager Device Connector screen so it can be re-claimed to your account. 

Where is the option to unclaim? I've found the Device Connectors in Admin but I'm not seeing an account who claimed it or the option to unclaim.