Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to take console of switches in ACI sim using OOB

prohit
Level 1
Level 1

prohit_0-1692951001527.png

Configured OOB IPs for the interfaces in the ACISIM.

but I am not able to access them as i am observing the mgmt0 interface in switching disabled state.

4 Replies 4

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @prohit ,

FAD as they say. Functioning As Designed.

It really (I think it once was) should be called an APIC simulator, because the switches are not really simulated.

Don't expect too much from the simulator - it is by no means an ACI Leaf Simulator. And even won't support ALL of the APIC CLI commands.

BUT - it is great for building and tesing configurations, including testing the APIS.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

@prohit 

Was my last answer clear enough? Is there any thing you didn't understand?  Accessing the mgmt0 IP addresses of the ACI switches in the ACI simulator is not supported.

Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Thanks, red nectar it was helpful info.. 

If your question has been answered, it is a great idea to mark the question as being answered.  This helps:

1. others with a similar problem find the correct answer
  2. people who look for "unanswered" questions to answer finding this
  3. prevent your question from becoming a "dead thread"

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License