cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to select MFA Remember me option

pdr88
Level 1
Level 1

We are using traditional DUO authentication in an Android WebView.
In Android 10 and 11, when I tap on Remember me for 90 days checkbox, it redirects me in to another page (as per the screenshot) which wouldn’t close automatically. Selecting the manual option by clicking the hyperlink wouldn’t work either.

In Android 13, when I tap on Remember me, it prompts a message saying “You need to enable cookies in order to remember this device”. I have already enabled cookies and have disabled safe browsing in the WebView.

I really appreciate your assistance. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

DuoPablo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @pdr88 ,

Please try disabling Enhanced Tracking Protection (assuming you are using FireFox): Knowledge Base | Duo Security

Hope this helps!

Hi @DuoPablo, I disabled Safe Browsing programmatically in the Android WebView which I believe disables the Enhanced Tracking Protection but it kept behaving the same way.

Then there might be another function of the Android device/browser that is not permitting the use of cookies, to include third-party: Knowledge Base | Duo Security

I would recommend, that if you are one of your organization’s Duo Admins, to change this application over to using the Universal Prompt (your screenshots are showing the Traditional Prompt) as the Universal Prompt uses first-party cookies. The Traditional Prompt will become End of Life on March 30, 2024: Knowledge Base | Duo Security

What are the differences between the traditional Duo Prompt and the Universal Prompt?

Guide to the Duo Universal Prompt for Duo Administrators

Quick Links