Views
Helpful
Replies

Create administrator API is not respecting status field

anand_dhage
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to create Administrator User using admin API with status as Disabled.
Request - POST /admin/v1/admins
Body - {“status”:"Disabled’, etc…}

With this request Admin user gets created on Duo but its status remain as Active.
Does any one have face this issue or their is defect in Duo API?

References - Duo Admin API | Duo Security

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Follow-up to this question - the Admin API doesn’t respect setting admin status on create. We have added this to our enhancement backlog. Create the admin, and then issue a second POST to /admin/v1/admins/[administrator_id] with the desired status.

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you trying to disable an admin with the Owner role? You can’t disable owners via the API.

{
    "code": 40002, 
    "message": "Cannot disable administrators with Owner role", 
    "message_detail": "status", 
    "stat": "FAIL"
}
Duo, not DUO.

Hi @DuoKristina,

I am not trying to disable an admin with Owner role, i am trying to create an Administrator with Disable state.
But some how Administrator accounts gets created in Active mode only.
Duo is not respecting status “Disable” which is give in request body.
Is this a correct behavior?

What role are you specifying when you create the administrator? If you specify no role, the default is Owner. If you are specifying a role other than Owner and the administrator account isn’t created as Disabled, please contact Duo Support.

Duo, not DUO.

Follow-up to this question - the Admin API doesn’t respect setting admin status on create. We have added this to our enhancement backlog. Create the admin, and then issue a second POST to /admin/v1/admins/[administrator_id] with the desired status.

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links