cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can non-admin user login and generate some audit log events ?

BhaktiT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

We are currently working with CiscoDuo Audit Log API aiming to retrieve non-admin user’s events from audit log. To generate diverse events through non-admin login, our approach involves using an Admin role to create non-admin users. However, we have observed that no notifications/activation mails are received on the non-admin users' email after they are added. This prevents us to activate this account. 

When we try to login directly with the non-admin user's email id , and click on Forgot Password, we then receive a password reset email saying " This email is being sent in response to a password reset request for the Duo Admin Panel. However, the email address you provided is not assigned to an administrator account. Please use a different email address and try again. "

Would you please guide on below points:

1. Is it possible to login with non-admin user’s email ID in Cisco Duo account to generate events ? Would you please provide steps to login ?
  2. Are we restricted to accessing audit logs solely for admin user and owner accounts, or is access available for non-admin user accounts as well ?
  3. How to generate System level events in Cisco Duo application and retrieve them using which audit log API ?

@DuoKristina 

1 Reply 1

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please don't @ me by name. The community is a place where anyone can engage and respond. It is not my actual job to respond to people here. I just do it because I like to... but I like it less when people try to summon me to their posts.

I am not sure I understand your question or what you are trying to do.

Only administrators of a Duo account (meaning, the admin user accounts visible in the Duo Admin Panel on the "Administrators" page) can log in to the Duo Admin Panel at https://admin.duosecurity.com.

You can learn about the various log types available via the Admin API in the Admin API reference.

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links