cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Login Troubleshooting

lori.cohen
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup my user in the duo admin. I then installed the windows login software 4.2
however when i logout and log back in to test it - the login screen just hangs.
I have watched the demos and the regular windows login should appear for the user and then they will be prompted by duo. but i am not even getting to the first windows login screen. i then have to boot into safe mode and uninstall via the command line.

my user is logging into a local account on the machine - but i did setup the user in duo with the user name to match.

any ideas?

thanks

1 Reply 1

ITEM93
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @lori.cohen
Welcome to the Community!

I’ve see this issue happen primarily when the user is using a Personal Microsoft Account to sign in and not a local account, so that would be the first thing I would check.

The workaround for that kind of user is to make sure that the “Don’t Display Last Username” is set and working. This setting can be a bit annoying for users who are used to just putting in their password, however we have found it a best practice for all of our clients.

I know that you had mentioned that this user is using a local account already, however I’m wondering if the same fix will work for you there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links