cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Duo for Windows Login on an Azure VM?

solmssen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all - I have a tiny little Azure VM I use here and there for things like mail migrations. I was able to set it up and keep it going for free using my $100/month Azure allowance from my Microsoft Partner Action Pack. But it is a VM, in the Azure Cloud. No domain attachment - no Azure AD Domain Services, no nothing, just one standalone VM that I login to with a local account. Connection is restricted to my home IP by Azure and the account has a very strong password, but I think I would like to install Duo for Windows Login on it to provide MFA for RDP login. Any reason not to do that? Thanks for any help you can provide…

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It will totally work! Duo Authentication for Windows Logon is compatible with both local and domain account logons. It is a credential provider called after the Windows password provider.

Also, Duo Authentication for Windows Logon is included in the free Duo personal plan (up to 10 users, albeit with a limited feature and policy set compared to our paid plans.

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It will totally work! Duo Authentication for Windows Logon is compatible with both local and domain account logons. It is a credential provider called after the Windows password provider.

Also, Duo Authentication for Windows Logon is included in the free Duo personal plan (up to 10 users, albeit with a limited feature and policy set compared to our paid plans.

Duo, not DUO.

solmssen
Level 1
Level 1

Great, thanks. I was just a little concerned because it’s an Azure VM.

Quick Links