cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User feedback: Duo Mobile Third-Party Accounts (Instagram, Facebook, etc.)

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Do you use third-party accounts such as Instagram, Snapchat, or Facebook with Duo Mobile? We’d love to hear from you!

We are looking for people who are willing to participate in brief, 30 minute interviews with us, so we can learn more about this experience and hopefully improve it going forward!

Would you be interested in setting up a time to speak with us about this? If so, please reach out to us at duomobile-research@cisco.com You can also DM me directly if you prefer.

We look forward to hearing from you!

3 Replies 3

BabbittJE
Level 1
Level 1

I didn’t know Duo support such social media platforms. I’ve enabled mine on Facebook and LinkedIn. Adding them to my Duo Mobile was very simple. Click on +, scan QR code displayed on the 2FA screen for whatever social media I’m using and it’s done! This is great! Thank you for preventing hackers from accessing our social media accounts.

I’m glad you found the process intuitive, @BabbittJE! If you haven’t already, I recommend backing up your Facebook and LinkedIn accounts in Duo Mobile using Duo Restore for Third-Party Accounts. See the instructions to enable it here. You’ll be asked to enter and confirm a 10-128 character recovery password.

It’s also a good idea to store the recovery codes from these third-party sites somewhere safe (preferably on cloud storage!) so you can access them in the event you need them. Thanks for using Duo!

Thank you. I just enabled backup and auto-reconnect.

Quick Links