cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User/Admin Directory Sync Configuration

jduprey
Level 1
Level 1

It would be great if we had the ability to manage the Directory Sync configuration from the API. This would allow for us to completely automate a child account setup. We could use the values to write the authentication proxy configuration without any interaction with the website.

I’m working on a PowerShell module and this is one feature that’s sorely missing!

5 Replies 5

raphka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi jduprey, Welcome to the Duo Community.
Thanks for the feedback.
Please reach out to Duo Support to create a feature request for this functionality and to have your Duo account administrator associated with it.

jonatsm2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @jduprey

I'm Jonathan, a Solutions Engineer on the Duo MSP Team. I noticed your post because I'm also working on developing ways to help our partners automate some initial Duo child account setup tasks (I'm using Postman instead of PowerShell).

Firstly, if you haven't done so already, please consider submitting a feature request for managing directory sync via the API. I'm in agreement that this could be a valuable addition to our product and understand its potential impact on your ability to automate user configurations, especially if you're managing users via AD Sync.

I'm very interested in learning more about your work on automating child account setup with PowerShell and would be glad to offer any assistance I can provide. It seems like we have taken similar approaches. Perhaps, I may be able to show you a few new strategies or considerations that you might find beneficial.

Please feel free to let me know if you'd like to discuss this further.

It appears that my community account was migrated over from Duo Community and didn't retain the username. I'd be happy to discuss the automations I'm working on. A lot of our customers that use Duo also have on-premises AD and handle all their new employee onboarding via Security Groups. I created the APIs endpoints in PowerShell to make it more convenient for in scripting this.

Hey, John! Okay, sounds good. I'll reach out to you via email. 

Gigawatt
Level 1
Level 1

I need to get around to using this module. We're still mbegan's module, is there a big difference between the two? 

mbegan/Duo-PSModule: Duo Admin API Powershell Wrapper Module (github.com)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links