Unauthizied Error with Admin API GET to Users

Hi all,

I have hit a wall trying to get the admin api to allow my calls to the users endpoint to return data. I am getting a 401 “unauthorized” error but I just don’t see what I am doing wrong.

Here is a sample of call that my code produces.

{Method: GET, RequestUri: ‘https://■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■/admin/v1/users’, Version: 1.1, Content: , Headers:
{
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 18:00:53 GMT
Authorization: Basic RElHOEpRVVFHVzhUQlE2MDNPVUw6M■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■2I0NjMxNWJiMzkxZWNjZmU3MGE4NGVkNg==
}}

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was able to run a couple of requests in Postman and now I have a clearer understanding of the issue. This is the response I get from Dup in Postman

“Invalid signature in request credentials”

So I will check the parameters I am using to build the signature.

Thanks for this information.

still haven’t been able to figure this out. It is going to be something small, but still annoying. Had a chat session with support and got a few ideas, but nothing has panned out so far.

some progress. Even though I have set up an admin API application in the control panel, I still think I might need to be given access to the api end points themselves. I am getting this error and I have double checked that I didn’t mix up the auth and admin Ikeys and skeys

The error:
“code”: 40102,
“message”: “Invalid integration key in request credentials”,
“stat”: “FAIL”

I figured it out. The admin-ikey was getting overwritten before the request was sent out.

Hi @chris.spak, thank you for following up here to share the solution with the community! Glad you were able to figure this out.

well I spoke too soon. I can get the request to work in Postman just fine, but it doesn’t work in my application. Obviously this is a problem with my app and not the API. At least I know everything is set correctly and I have a known good source to use to compare.

Software development teams can also make suggestions about how to change an existing system without having to modify the entire application. For instance, a team might suggest making the return path in a web application simpler for the end user. They could also suggest making it easier to update information about product orders, employee records, and other elements within the current process. While changes to the current process by https://mlsdev.com/services/mobile-app-development are usually welcomed, many business owners may not want to change all of the data in the application or make the necessary modifications to the programming language or framework.