cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Passcode / Face ID protect DUO mobile app in iOS

macinthass
Level 1
Level 1

How do I protect the DUO mobile iOS app? Currently it just launches and in the settings I do not see an option to set a passcode or use Face ID. What am I missing?

3 Replies 3

DuoPablo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi macinthass,

If you are a Duo Admin, please see the following Policy settings within the Admin Panel:

Enforce Screen Lock: Policy & Control | Duo Security
^With this option enabled, users must have screen lock enabled on their devices to approve Duo Push authentication requests or log in with a passcode generated by the Duo Mobile app.

Enforce Biometrics: Policy & Control | Duo Security
^With this option enabled, users must have either biometrics or a passcode enabled on their devices to approve Duo Push authentication requests.

Please note that these Policy settings are only available in the Access and Beyond editions of Duo.

Thanks!

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @macinthass, what @DuoPablo shared is great advice for Duo admins who are trying to enforce security best practices with end-users and their devices. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you are talking about having to input a passcode or use biometrics to open the Duo Mobile app on your phone or device, is that right? Similar to the experience you might get with a banking application, for example.

This is common feedback we get from Duo Mobile app users. This is not possible in Duo Mobile today, as there is currently no functionality like that. However, I’ll document your feedback and share it with the team (they also read the posts here, so they will likely see it on their own anyway ) You can also file an official feature request with Duo Support, or your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager if you have one.

You’re spot on. Thanks, Amy. Ticket can be closed!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links